Latest information regarding announcement of further lockdown restrictions from 5th November 2020:
We understand that with the announcement of a new lockdown there are going to be a number of patients concerned about the situation, especially those in very vulnerable risk groups and also those with children attending educational settings. The current government advice about high risk groups is available here.
Further publication is due Monday, and the Government will be writing to affected patients. The current guidance for protecting extremely clinically vulnerable groups is available here. The GPs at the surgery have no additional information above and beyond this and are unable to help with requests for sick notes or other letters in such circumstances.
For people concerned about children attending educational settings; we understand and sympathise with the concerns around children attending school at this time, especially if a household has extremely vulnerable members. As a practice we are very sorry, but decisions about children attending school are not ours to make. This is not something that we can help with. We would suggest a discussion between the people involved and the school to decide on the best course of action.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic
Please do not come to the surgery if you are experiencing any of the main symptoms below.
Please follow the link to the NHS website and get the most up-to-date information on what to do next.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.